The Adeptus Mechanicus are the fanatical worshippers of the Machine God of Mars. For thousands of years the robed priests of the Machine Cult have presided over the fabrication, maintenance, and preservation of Humanity’s surviving technological wonders with reverence and ritual. Led by Tech-Priests whose weak organic flesh has been replaced with metallic augmentations, their armies fight to defend forge worlds and strike out across the galaxy in search of ancient archeotech.
Among the Machine Cult’s ranks are cohorts of obedient cybernetic soldiers, lumbering warrior robots, and battle servitors. They bear an array of esoteric weapons, capable of annihilating foes in volleys of irradiated ammunition or incinerating them with torrents of searing energy. Those who seek to sabotage the divine works of the Omnissiah must face the might of this merciless mechanical war machine, devoid of both pity and remorse.
Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus is an invaluable guide to collecting and gaming with the Adeptus Mechanicus. Within its pages you’ll find the rules you need to play an Adeptus Mechanicus army in games of Warhammer 40,000 – including narrative Crusade campaigns and Combat Patrol skirmishes – plus a treasure trove of information on their mysterious techno-dogma, bizarre bionics, prominent forge worlds, and their role within the Imperium.
Inside this 120-page hardback book, you’ll find:
– Background information detailing the Adeptus Mechanicus, from the ancient birth of the Machine Cult to the specialties and traditions of forge worlds across the galaxy
– Evocative artwork that brings to life the mechanical mystique, strange cyborg forms, and massive scale of the Adeptus Mechanicus
– 30 datasheets detailing the profiles, wargear, and unique abilities of every Adeptus Mechanicus unit, from the sinister Sydonian Skatros to Belisarius Cawl himself
– Five themed Detachments, such as the Explorator Maniple and Cohort Cybernetica, each with their own set of special rules
– Crusade rules for seeking lost archeotech and rebuilding ancient machine-relics to augment your leaders
– Self-contained Combat Patrol rules and a painting guide, allowing you to play fast-paced games with Purge Corps Deltic-9
– An ‘Eavy Metal showcase of superbly-painted Citadel miniatures to inspire you, featuring a variety of forge worlds
This book also contains a one-use code to unlock Codex: Adeptus Mechanicus content in Warhammer 40,000: The App.